Thursday 20 January 2011

The project is still happening - it's just been in hibernation for the winter!

Wow, such a vast amount of time has elapsed since I have even set foot in the garage, let alone posted anything on this blog! The problem with this time of year, apart from the numbing cold and relentless drizzle, is that it gets dark at around 4pm (although the days are starting to get longer...). Sadly, these factors make working in a garage without any electric a bit of an uninviting prospect!

However, I am determined to resume the work shortly.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rhys,thanks for all this good info..I admire your determination.I own a 1972 Beetle which I've been slowly restoring.All I have outstanding are the ball joints and steering box on the mechanical side,and the touch-up spray job.Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello MrBooglemaumau! Welcome to the blog and thanks for taking the time to comment! It’s always a comfort to know that there are other people out there taking on a similar challenge. Regrettably I have made no progress this year as I have had very little free time – I am feeling guilty as hell about it, so will compensate with a flurry of activity very soon! Great news to hear that your bug is approaching completion – feel free to post/send a photo once you have her back on the road. I would love to see the result. Good luck and keep in touch

    ReplyDelete