Wednesday 26 February 2014

Die Autolüfter


Came across this little rarity recently whilst sifting through my box of miscellaneous vw parts:


It is a VDO/Braun ‘Autolüfter’ dash mountable fan and it was given to me 10 years ago by an old neighbor. I remember being out in the street one afternoon having just moved to Bristol and was tinkering away on the bug when a delightful chap came over and starting chatting to me about the old vw's that he had owned over the years. He suddenly recalled that he probably had a few old accessories kicking around in his attic and hurried off into a house a couple of doors down from where I used to live. He came back maybe 15-20 mins later with this lovely item that he wanted me to have and did not want anything for it in exchange. I never saw him again after that day and I have long since moved, but I still think about what a generous stranger he was! It is going to look great once it is all cleaned up and mounted in the center of the dash when this resto is eventually complete.


After some searching of the interweb I came across some images from the instruction manual. This great illustration shoes how and where the fan mounts on a Beetle dash:

No comments:

Post a Comment