Thursday 31 December 2015

Safer Motoring

Thanks to a well known online auction site I managed to get my grubby mitts on a collection of old British VW 'Safer Motoring' magazines from 1965!


It has been fascinating to flick through the pages and see what was going on at the time my bug was born, such as the prestigious award for Miss VW: 



Then of course are all of the vintage adverts for accessories for me to droll over. With this accurate reference material I now have a wish list of accessories to fit the period of my car. Just got to keep my beady eye out now:









Even in '65 they understood that if you wanted to market a set of boring foot well mats, then you can always rely on the fact that sex sells:


I want to wrap this post up by wishing you all a Happy New Year! My sincere thanks to you for your continued interest in this resto journey. 2016 should see some big leaps forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment